Spring cleaning has long been a post-winter tradition, but if you’re really wondering how to refresh your home, some new furniture and décor can be exactly what you need. Reinvigorating your space can be as simple as adding a new piece of accent furniture or as dramatic as redesigning an entire room – regardless of the route you take, you are sure to find that freshening up your space for spring is easy with just a few design tips. Spring 2018 is shaping up to be a season of exciting and fun décor trends, most of which are easy to incorporate into your home with a quick visit to one of your local Colorado furniture stores, like Colorado Casual Furniture.
Here are just a few of the top home décor trends of spring 2018, perfect for shaking up your space for the new season.
- Bold colors. Neutral colors may be timeless, but bold colors are making a serious splash this spring. If you’d like to add some personality to your home, consider rich jewel tones like deep plum, navy blue or emerald green. You can do a large dose of color in the form of a sectional or couch or go for a small pop with an accent chair.
- Wood furniture in rich finishes. The farmhouse chic trend has brought wood back on the scene in a big way. Adding pieces in mahogany or walnut finishes is a great way to bring warmth to any room.
- A mix of textures. Avoid trying to make everything in a room match and instead create a layered effect by mixing textures. Pillows and throws are an easy way to work in this trend, and you can also consider furniture pieces upholstered in a variety of fabrics.
- Metallic accents. Brass, gold, and even silver is becoming an increasingly popular way to add that special something to a room. You can try this trend in small doses like a table lamp, decorative tabletop piece or go big using furniture with a metallic finish or accents.
- Eye-catching florals. The floral trend of the 1960s and 70s is back with a modern twist. Floral prints are big for spring this year, especially in pieces like accent chairs, wall art or throw pillows.
If you’d like to learn more tips for decorating your home for 2018, or would like to check out high-quality furniture pieces that can help you incorporate these styles in your own home, we invite you to stop by one of the top furniture stores in Centennial and Westminster.